It is not so easy to maintain body weight for a pregnant woman. But, now as your child is here, you are must be thinking of your overweight? and thinking about How to lose weight after pregnancy?
Weight gain during pregnancy is very normal. It is very hard to taking care of a newborn and lose weight at the same time. After the delivery, your body is not the same as it was at the time of pre-pregnancy. So, every mother has to struggle a lot to get back the beautiful body.
Usually, women gain about 10-18 kg weight during pregnancy. Trust me it will take just 2-3 months with proper exercise and exact diet, to get back the beautiful phase again.
The weight loss process very much depends on how much weight you have gained.
Take your time to mindset:
It takes a little more time to recover from childbirth. Give your body a time of 5-7 weeks, and keep on checking the health condition.
If you are breastfeeding, your body needs more calories to give the proper milk supply to the newborn. So, taking time is very important to the mindset for weight loss.
I will NOT recommend carbs free, a keto diet. I know it is very difficult. Here are some simple yet necessary ways, you can do regularly.
1. Eat properly to lose weight:
- Never ever skip your meal, be on time.
- Chew, Chew and Chew! the more you chew the easiest will be the process of digestion and helps in weight loss.
- I will recommend you to eat again and again, like 5-6 times a day. BUT, those must be small snacks and healthy foods.
- Do not skip breakfast, as you are breastfeeding, it is important to feed your body too.
- Boiled eggs, any whole grain food, brown slices of bread, bananas, a glass of juice (carrot juice, apple juice, orange juice), peanut butter, semolina- you can add these foods to your breakfast.
- Avoid junk foods, fried, oily and refined carbohydrates only. These are harmful not only for you but also for your newly born.
- You can add any fish or chicken breast, one cup of green leafy vegetables, curd, rice or bread to your lunch.
- Eat lots and lots of fruits, to get antioxidants and vitamins.
2. Never go for a crash diet:
- Crashing your diet your means, having a very low-calorie diet. Which is not good for your body at this time.
- During breastfeeding, the body needs a lot of nutrition. So, every type of food is recommended, Excluded those junk and fried foods.
- With the dream of getting the perfect body, you must be thinking of a lower intake of calories, but this is the wrong way.
- You have to exercise a lot to crash the calories. This is the only and the best way to lose extra calories.
- In studies, it is shown that losing weight after pregnancy does not affect the newborn baby or the breastfeeding process, but a crashing diet is not the way to lose weight this time.
- Women are recommended to take 2,000 calories a day, it is safe to cut 500 calories only by doing exercise and not consuming food to some extent.
3. Be realistic and don’t be panic:
- You have to admit it, that it will take a longer time to get back those pre-pregnancy body shape.
- Do not imagine those celebrity’s stories. Be practical, you can have it too, but do not be in a hurry or panic.
- Having stress and panic can affect your baby’s health.
- Doing exercise and having a healthy diet for a certain longer period can help you lose weight.
- You can not get that perfect body straight away, you have to keep patience.
4. Exercise a lot:
- This is the only and the best way to lose weight after pregnancy fast.
- Walking, jogging, running, cycling and interval training or any kind of cardio can help you to lose weight.
- Exercise can help you to reduces the risk and severity of diabetes, any cardiovascular, high blood pressure, diseases and may reduce the risk of several types of cancer.
- Eat a little less but again and again and move a little more every day- will help you to lose weight.
- Keep in mind that never overdo the exercise. It can affect your body as you just gave birth to a newborn.
- In researches, it has cleared that aerobic exercises are important for fat loss and good for heart health too.
After delivery, the pelvic and stomach areas of a mother really need time to heal, especially if it a cesarean section birth.
- Experts say breastfeeding is very very important at this phase of life. Breastfeeding even helps to lose weight. Our body takes a lot of energy to make the milk for the baby, and it is a natural process, a mother should not skip.
- Breastfeeding plays a crucial role in weight loss, and it also depends on how long a mother breastfeeds her baby.
- Those mothers, who are not able to breastfeed, is ok, must consult a doctor, but those who chose not to breastfeed her baby, is wrong- it is a natural process, and a mother should maintain it.
6. Drink lots of water:
Drinking plenty of water is very important for anyone trying to lose weight. In studies, it revealed that, if you drink 1/2 liter of water you will burn 24–30% more calories in the following hour.
It will also help you to intake lower calories and reduce your appetite. Staying hydrated is very important for a breastfeeding lady.
7. Avoid alcohol and smoking:
It will affect badly your new one. Both alcohol and smoking are very dangerous.
The best and the easiest way to lose weight is to maintain a healthy diet, breastfeeding and exercise regularly.