From genetics to lifestyle nowadays cancer became a threat to our life. Cancer is one of the most dangerous and death-causing diseases all over the World. The unhygienic lifestyle is the main causes of cancer like disease, which increases drastically. Having smoke and alcohol we are inviting the disease to engulf our life. In cancer abnormal growth of cells continues to divide itself automatically, there will be no control. In this article some types of cancer and the prevention of cancer are discussed below:
Some major types of cancer:
There is no specific site or organ that is prone to cancer, it can be any part of our body.
- Breast Cancer (more than 1 million cases per year India) :
Cancer that forms in the cells of a breast is breast cancer. It is the most common cancer among women, There are some symptoms:
- Pain in a specific area of the breast.
- Redness or blackish color around the breast.
- If a sudden change in the shape and size of the breast.
- Prostate Cancer ( more than 1 million cases per year in India) :
Cancer that forms in the cells of the prostate is prostate cancer. It is the most common problem among men. Here are some signs of prostate cancer
- Pain during urination is a major sign.
- Loss of bladder control.
- Blood in urine and semen.
- Lung Cancer (more than 1 million cases per year in India):
Cancer that starts in the lung cells is lung cancer. There are some signs of lung cancer
- Cold and cough that getting worse day by day.
- Coughing up blood.
- Chest pain while breathing.
- Ovarian Cancer (fewer than 1 million cases per year in India) :
Cancer that appears in the cells of ovary is ovarian cancer. There are some symptoms of ovarian cancer
- Heavier bleeding than normal or irregular bleeding of a woman.
- Pain during sex.
- Colon Cancer (more than 1 million cases per year in India):
Cancer in the colon or rectum is colon cancer. There is some sign that denotes colon cancer
- Diarrhea, constipation or narrowing of the stool are the common symptoms.
- Rectal bleeding.
A healthy diet is the best way to get rid off the risk of Cancer.
Some guidelines of food to include in your diet for Cancer Prevention:
- Eat whole-grain foods which are rich in Vitamins, Dietary fibers, and phytochemicals. These type of food reduce the risk of chronic diseases like Stomach cancer and Liver cancer.
List of some whole grain foods:
- Brown, red, black Rice.
- Millet, Oatmeal.
- Wholemeal Bread.
- Limit the intake of Red meat and try to avoid processed meat:
Processed meat is generally high in salt and cholesterol. Avoiding processed food not only lower your cancer risk but also reduces the salt intake. It decreases the risk of mouth, throat and colon cancer.
List of some red meat and processed meat:
- Beef, Pork, Lamb, Mutton.
- Minimize the intake of excessive sugar and oily foods:
Oily foods and excessive sugar increase the risk of cancer. Starchy foods, high-protein foods, processed drinks are high in sugar and have excessive fat.
List of some oily foods and sugar-containing foods:
- Soft drinks, alcohol and processed juice
- Fried foods.
A word from Master of Secrets:
To all patients out there if you are feeling these kinds of symptoms of any of these above, it is suggested that to consult your doctor as soon as possible. From an ancient says ‘prevention is always better than cure’ now from the master of secrets it is suggested that always keep your body toxin-free. Try to drink ginger tea, mint tea, Green tea at least once in a day. Include olive oil in your diet. Keeping your body toxin-free will help you for Cancer Prevention or will kill the cancer cells if there is any.